Monday 10 September 2018

Reusable Bag And Beeswax Wrap Making

Our class made reusable bags and beeswax wraps to try reduce our waste. When we made our beeswax wrap I enjoyed melting the beeswax onto the fabric and I also liked grating the beeswax. I learnt that you just need to melt some grated beeswax onto fabric to make something that helps the environment.Even though I liked it I found it challenging grating beeswax.You can make your own beeswax wrap by putting fabric covered in grated beeswax between some baking paper and then melt the beeswax with an iron. Before we made our beeswax wraps. We sewed fabric together to make a reusable bag. I enjoyed sewing the handle onto my bag.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nathan
    Well done for writing about some of the projects we have been doing to try and reduce the amount of plastic waste we create in our lunchboxes. I really like the photos you have used as they show our projects in action as we make them. I'm glad you enjoyed making your bag and the beeswax wrap. Have you been using your beeswax wrap instead of gladwrap?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.